Saturday, May 23, 2015

A warm smile is the universal language of kindness


SIMPLE, BUT HAPPY.

It’s my very first experience as volunteer in the nursery centre. The children there were came from different background. Some are Pakistanis, some Cambodians, and most of them are the local Malays.

They been there, to study, to eat, and to play, together. They had no sense to differentiate each from the others. What they care about was only that “he/she is my friend”. Not race or religion’s problem in between them. They like to help their friends, simply like dancing and drawing . So that’s what we called children. Everybody like to be “hero”. XD

It's childhood. Simple, but happy. They always carrying the big smile in their cute face. 


“Keep smiling because life is beautiful and there is so much to smile about.”

From the time I stay with the children there, my memories flashback. The time when I was a kid, the time without smartphone, without internet. I cycled with my brother and sister, played kite, badminton, or just simply a running. That’s all that make me felt nothing to worry about. My happiest time. :)

But life goes on, I need to grow up,and learn something new. I know it's my responsibility to my own life. For sure, things go harder, maybe I will feel down, full with frustration, but it's my choice, for my dream, and never regret. :)

"Sometimes, the key to making progress is to recognize how to take that very first step. Then you start your journey." -Grey's Anatomy

I wish that all the children from Yayasan Chow Kit can always keep their big and beautiful smile. Keep smiling, not for jobs, not because it’s desire of other people. Keep smiling, because of happiness.

That's all. :D

And here come to end of the project of Social Engagement! Hooray!
Special thanks to our advisor and all my teammates, you all had really really done a good jobs! 👍

Appreciate:)

Kek Zhong Chee
Bureau of Publicity and Public Relations

No comments:

Post a Comment